Deodars – an exclusive guest house, named because of its surrounding environs of “deodar” trees is situated on a hill slope 4 km north of Almora and faces the Nanda Devi, Trishul and Panchachuli peaks of the Kumaon Himalayas. Enjoy the rustic charm of a century old stone house as you stay at Deodars. The warmth exuded by the hosts as they regale you with tales during your stay at their old house makes your stay worthwhile.
Stay along with the owners in any of the three double bedrooms with attached bathrooms with bath-tubs having running hot and cold water. The bedrooms have high ceilings and private porches.
- Indian and Continental cuisines are available and the room rates are inclusive of these meals.
- Motorable road right upto the house, yet providing the perfect seclusion.
- Facility to have tea and breakfast on the wood swings in the garden as you enjoy the beauty of the Himalayas and songs of the birds.
- A large verandah that reminds you of the Corbett like era and which also provides a clear view of the valley as well as the Himalayas nearby.
- Shrubbery with gnomes.
- Walks, treks and excursions can be arranged for.
- Stone fireplace in the living room to enjoy evenings by the fireside.
- Enjoy bird watching in the nearby forests.
- Purified fresh spring water for drinking.
- Arrangement of yoga and reflexology sessions is also done.
By Rail: 2.5 hours journey from the Kathgodam railway station.
By Air: The nearest airport is at Delhi and it is 350 km away from this resort.
By Road: It is a 10 km drive from the Almora city which is well connected to major towns and cities by bus service which operates on a daily basis.